Happy Thanksgiving Wishing You & Your Family a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. It’s not too late to get your VAC’s in by the end of the year. Here are some upcoming VACs in the West Bay region. November 18th. November 21st December 19th These are just the regional events. More VAS’s are posted on the […]November 17, 2023
What is the STAR Program?
The STAR Program was designed entirely for you—to help you build the skills you need to succeed. And it’s offered to you at no charge—all costs for training and recognition are covered by the STAR Program. With STAR Training, you can build your skills and be recognized and rewarded for your achievement. Training is provided by the nationally recognized District Council 16 Journeyman and Apprentice Training Trust Fund.
To get started, you must take the Survival of the Fittest/ ICRA COVID-19 class. This one time class is required for STAR eligibility.
To be eligible for the STAR Awards:
- You must have completed 8 hours of Mark Breslin “Survival of the Fittest” training or ICRA/COVID-19 Awareness (in this year or a prior year – one time only)
- You must have completed at least 16 hours of STAR sponsored training (Survival of the Fittest or ICRA/COVID-19 Awareness counts against this total) during the current training year, training year runs from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022. If you completed Survival of the Fittest or ICRA/COVID-19 Awareness in a prior year, you must complete 16 hours of training from other available classes.
- If you cannot attend a scheduled STAR class, you must contact the STAR Program 2 weeks in advance to cancel your registration and avoid penalty.*
- You must have worked a minimum of 500 hours for a STAR Program contributing employer during the training year.
- You must be a member in good standing in the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades at the time of the awards event.
- You must be present to win
* NOTE: Missing ANY STAR class during the school year disqualifies you from participating in the Early Bird Raffle
To find the upcoming STAR Training Schedule, please visit https://www.dc16star.org/courses/ (make sure to select Reno as your training location. If you have any questions regarding training, class availability or how to register for classes please contact the Reno training center at 775-300-7044