As the Architectural Glass & Metal Technician Certification gains traction and becomes required more on projects moving forward, don’t be left behind without this crucial certification. To qualify for the AGMT certification you will need to have: a minimum of 5 years & 7,500 working hours in the glazing trade (to be confirmed through HS&BA) […]May 12, 2021
District Council 16 JATTF is seeking to hire an Instructor from amongst our membership representing all our Crafts.
If you are interested in applying, please email your resume no later than Friday, April 2nd by 3:30pm to Liz Herrera at email@example.com
All applicants that have submitted their resume will be invited to attend a mini Boot Camp on Saturday, April 24th. This will be held at 2020 Williams Street, San Leandro, CA 94577 at 8:00am.
The duties and responsibilities of Instructors include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Under the supervision of the JATC and the Director of Training, develop curricula, lesson plans and instructional materials necessary for the teaching of the subjects to which they are assigned.
- Teach their classes, in a thorough, professional and courteous manner exemplifying a High Performance/High Value attitude and work ethic.
- Fully prepare for all classes taught.
- Provide thorough and professional evaluation of student performance.
- Interact with students in a professional manner. Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Follow the policies and rules established by the JATC and the Director of Training.
- Maintain a valid California Vocational Education Teaching Credential issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- Maintain a record of student achievement and attendance as required by the JATC or the Director of Training.
- Follow all instructions of the JATC and the Director of Training.
- Perform community outreach as directed by the JATC or the Director of Training.
- Attend continuing education programs and other conferences as directed.
- Outside teaching for any entity other than the Trust is not permitted. Special requests may be considered by the Director of Training.
- Maintain an orderly classroom ensuring that disruptive students do not interfere with the progress of others. Instructors are responsible for general discipline in all areas of the training facility.
- Make recommendations to the Director of Training and JATC with respect to improvements and new methods or curriculum that may improve the quality of apprenticeship training and general morale of the students.