Brothers and Sisters, I wanted to remind everyone about Local 487 Death Benefit. The cost remains at $5.05 a month. That is $60.60 for the year. Please make checks payable to Painters and Tapers Local 487 and mail to the local at your earliest convenience. We have only received payment from 80 members to date. […]January 19, 2022
The STAR Program was designed entirely for you, our Membership! It allows us all to be more successful in our crafts by helping to build the skills you need to get ahead!
For those that took the time to take STAR Training classes and have qualified for the STAR Awards Event, we look forward to seeing you all there!
The Drive Thru event will take place at the following Locations and Dates:
September 25th & 26th, 2021
2020 Williams Street
San Leandro, CA
October 2nd, 2021
1701 Whitney Mesa Drive
STAR Awards Eligibility Rules (as of 6/2021) are as follows:
- You must have completed 8 hours of Mark Breslin “Survival of the Fittest” training or ICRA/COVID-19 Awareness (in this year or a prior year – one time only)
- You must have completed at least 16 hours of STAR sponsored training (Survival of the Fittest or ICRA/COVID-19 Awareness counts against this total) during the current training year. If you completed Survival of the Fittest or ICRA/COVID-19 Awareness in a prior year, you must complete 16 hours of training from other available classes.
- If you cannot attend a scheduled STAR class, you must contact the STAR Program 2 weeks in advance to cancel your registration and avoid penalty.*
- You must have worked a minimum of 500 hours for a STAR Program contributing employer during the training year.
- You must be a member in good standing in the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades at the time of the awards event.
- You must be present to win
* NOTE: Missing ANY STAR class during the school year disqualifies you from participating in the Early Bird Raffle
Please visit the DC16 STAR Website at www.dc16star.org where you can learn more about the STAR program, access to the STAR Class Schedule, Signing up for Classes, Requesting a Class and more!