Sisters and Brother, Memorial Day is around the corner and were talking Parades and barbecue, right? But do we know why we celebrate it? Memorial Day honors all those who have died while serving in U.S. military around the country and around the world many people celebrate by attending parades, barbecues and ceremonies usually held […]May 22, 2023
May is Mental Health Awareness Month.
Posted May 27, 2021
Help is Available
If you or someone you know is suffering, you are not alone.
- 1 in 5 U.S. adults experience mental illness each year.
- 1 in 20 U.S. adults experience serious mental illness each year.
- 1 in 6 U.S. youth aged 6-17 experience a mental health disorder each year.
- 50% of all lifetime mental illness begins by age 14, and 75% by age 24.
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death among people aged 10-34.
For all members in Northern California needing assistance Please contact Beat It on the flyer below.
IUPAT HELPING HAND is also a valuable source of information for all of our members in California and Nevada!
Data shows that construction workers are three times more likely to take their own life than the rest of the population.
If you or someone you know is suffering, you are not alone. Please visit IUPAT Helping Hand for additional resources and information.