In January I attended the AFL-CIO 2023 Martin Luther King, Jr. Civil and Human Rights Conference where I heard from many influential speakers such as: Fred Redmond, Secretary-Treasurer, AFL-CIO; Muriel Bowser Mayor, Washington, D.C and Maya Wiley, CEO of the Civil Rights Organization, just to name a few. Some of the key takeaways were that […]January 30, 2023
STAR Awards Eligibility Rules (as of 6/2021) are as follows:
- You must have completed 8 hours of Mark Breslin “Survival of the Fittest” training or ICRA/COVID-19 Awareness (in this year or a prior year – one time only)
- You must have completed at least 16 hours of STAR sponsored training (Survival of the Fittest or ICRA/COVID-19 Awareness counts against this total) during the current training year. If you completed Survival of the Fittest or ICRA/COVID-19 Awareness in a prior year, you must complete 16 hours of training from other available classes.
- If you cannot attend a scheduled STAR class, you must contact the STAR Program 2 weeks in advance to cancel your registration and avoid penalty. *
- You must have worked a minimum of 500 hours for a STAR Program contributing employer during the training year.
- You must be a member in good standing in the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades at the time of the awards event.
- You must be present to win
* NOTE: Missing ANY STAR class during the school year disqualifies you from participating in the Early Bird Raffle