Brothers and Sisters, The Northern California Painters Master Agreement is set to expire at the end of the month. Please attend Local 3’s membership meeting to voice any concerns; Thursday June 8th, 6pm at 2020 Williams St. San Leandro. Work for Painters has been picking up with requests from Valdez Painting, KBI Painting, and J&R […]June 02, 2023
Save Union Jobs!
Posted April 26, 2021
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
The Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD) is considering a rule change that will have significant impacts on Union jobs, consumers, and the Bay Area economy. Rule 6-5, as recommended by some members of the Stationary Source Committee will:
- Shut down a local refinery, killing hundreds of Union jobs and increasing our dependence on refineries in less regulated parts of the country.
- Cut off Northern California’s reliable supply of gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel impacting everyday life for our families, workers, and local businesses.
- Drain our local fuel sources, making us reliant on imports that will cause prices to rise and disproportionately affect our at-risk and low-income communities.
We are asking the BAAQMD to support an alternative to what is being proposed by the Stationary Source Committee. This alternative will help clean our air AND protect our Union jobs.
A few facts about this industry in the Bay Area:
- Thousands of Building Trades workers and 25,686 Bay Area residents employed.
- Provides 100% of the jet fuel to Northern California airports including San Francisco (SFO), Oakland (OAK) and San Jose (SJC)
- Supports 81,510 jobs in the Bay Area.
- 1.4% of all jobs in the Bay Area
- $3.4 Billion in State and Local Tax revenue.
- $51.6B in total economic contribution
- $6.4B in total wages and benefits into the local economy.
YOUR HELP IS CRITICAL! PLEASE TAKE 30 SECONDS to click this link to send a pre-written letter to the Bay Area Air Quality Management District: https://bit.ly/3dsNuoF