Congratulations to all of the Local 487 members who took home prizes from the raffle at this year’s STAR Event. Special congratulations to Fermin Guzman who took home the Chevy Malibu. Don’t forget to keep your certifications up to date. You can find all upcoming classes at the DC 16 STAR website https://dc16star.org/course-category/active-courses/ PAINTERS- Don’t […]September 26, 2023
Brothers and Sisters,
With the ratification of the Northern California Floor Covering Master Agreement and the Sacramento Floor Covering Addendum, we can concentrate on the next 4 years. The Sacramento Addendum is 4-year contract worth $14 total. Here are some of the changes that were made to the addendum;
- 1/1/2024 $3.00 increase.
- 1/1/2025 $3.25 increase.
- 1/1/2026 $3.75 increase.
- 1/1/2027 $4.00 increase.
- The Addendum will expire with the Master Agreement on June 30, 2027.
- Per Diem went from $45.00 a day to $75.00 a day.
- Shift work went from 20% to 25% above scale.
- Clarifying language on 40-hour shift work weeks. If less than half of your starting day ison Sunday, hours are paid at Shift Rate and if half of your hours on the last day are worked on Saturday, hours are paid at Shift Rate. Hours to follow the overtime rates if it is more than half of the day is worked on those days.
- Added Exceptional Condition Permit for unforeseen circumstances, to be approved by the Union.
- Added Apprenticeship language to be in alignment with the Apprenticeship Standards. Apprentices can put their name on the Out-of-Work List if not worked for 3 consecutive days and not be considered quitting their Employer.
- Mileage radius increase from 45 to 60 miles without travel pay.
On August 1st, at the Monthly Membership meeting the members in attendance made 4 motions to vote on for wage allocation. It was discussed that we needed to allocate to health and welfare, IUPAT Pension, JATTF, FTI, LMP, and Work Preservation. We also discussed putting money into Market Recovery and our annuity. On August 7th the members voted on the 4 motions and motion #3 won with 24 votes. There was a total of 33 members who voted.
|Wages||H&W||IU Pension||Annuity||JATTF||FTI||DCO||LMP||Work Pres||Recovery||Vacation|
I want to take the time to thank those of you who took the time to vote on the Master Agreement, Sacramento Addendum, and the wage allocation. You are the members who help make a difference and help guide where are local is going. I would also like to thank the DC16 Negotiating Team and the Local 1237 Executive Board for all their hard work and effort.