Congratulations to all of the Local 487 members who took home prizes from the raffle at this year’s STAR Event. Special congratulations to Fermin Guzman who took home the Chevy Malibu. Don’t forget to keep your certifications up to date. You can find all upcoming classes at the DC 16 STAR website https://dc16star.org/course-category/active-courses/ PAINTERS- Don’t […]September 26, 2023
On Wednesday, February 15th HS&BA will be providing an educational presentation on the Health plans provided by our TPA (HS&BA). Topics will include:
- What is What, Who is who?
- Member Allocation
- What is a TPA and what do they do for you?
- What is a Health Plan?
- Cash Bank System
- What are our health Plan Options
- SBCs (Summary of Benefits and Coverage)
- SPD (Summary Plan Description)
- SMM (Summary of Material Modifications)
- What is SMART Choices, and Why do we have it
- Healthy Rewards
- HRA (Health Reimbursement Arrangement) Card
- Care Counselors – Med Expert
- PPO vs. Non-PPO
- How can I submit any other Waiver requests or Appeals?
- Where do I go for Help?
- Changes to Smart Choices
- Q & A
The goal of this presentation and Townhall is to provide our members with the resources and tools available to them and their family. The Zoom credentials are on the flyer.
All Slides for the presentation are available in the link below.