Happy Thanksgiving Wishing You & Your Family a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. It’s not too late to get your VAC’s in by the end of the year. Here are some upcoming VACs in the West Bay region. November 18th. November 21st December 19th These are just the regional events. More VAS’s are posted on the […]November 17, 2023
Brothers and Sisters,
It has come to my attention that several members are still unaware what was bargained into our contract that was ratified by the members. The Sacramento Addendum is a 4-year contract worth $14 total. Here are some of the changes that were made to the addendum;
- 1/1/2024 $3.00 increase.
- 1/1/2025 $3.25 increase.
- 1/1/2026 $3.75 increase.
- 1/1/2027 $4.00 increase.
- The Sacramento Addendum will expire with the Master Agreement on June 30, 2027.
- Per Diem went from $45.00 a day to $75.00 a day. Effective August 1, 2023.
- Shift work went from 20% to 25% above scale (Sacramento only). Effective August 1, 2023.
- Clarifying language on 40-hour shift work weeks. If less than half of your starting day is on Sunday, hours are paid at Shift Rate and if half of your hours on the last day are worked on Saturday, hours are paid at Shift Rate. Hours to follow the overtime rates if it is more than half of the day is worked on those days. Effective August 1, 2023.
- Added Exceptional Condition Permit for unforeseen circumstances, to be approved by the Union. Effective August 1, 2023.
- Added Apprenticeship language to be in alignment with the Apprenticeship Standards. Apprentices can put their name on the Out-of-Work List if not worked for 3 consecutive days and not be considered quitting their Employer. Effective August 1, 2023.
- Mileage radius increase from 45 to 60 miles without travel pay. Effective August 1, 2023.
I hope this clears up any confusion, if not please call me. I also want to take this time to wish you and yours a Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you can spend the 4-day weekend doing something fun as we all prepare for the Christmas season.