Brothers and Sisters, The Sacramento Sierra Building and Construction Trades Council has been working hard to try to get a Community Workforce Training Agreement with the City of Elk Grove. We have confirmed that the CWTA will be on the City Council’s Agenda on October 12, 2022. The meeting will begin at 6pm at 8400 […]September 26, 2022
Pension Schedule Option Survey
- As you all know the pension is going through some changes that effect many aspects of the plan. Effective January 1, 2022, we have entered into a rehabilitation plan which gives participates three schedules to choose from. It is important that we decide which schedule is best for us. Below is a brief description of the 3 schedules and a link to a survey that will give me a general idea of what the members want. Please take the time to read these options and take the survey. As always, give me a call if you have any questions.
- Default schedule: All participates will automatically be put in this schedule unless they elect to participate in Alt 1 or Alt 2. This schedule will have a base accrual rate of .85% and would allow members with 60,000 hours or more to take the special early retirement at age 58
- Alternate 1: If selected, this schedule would require an addition hourly contribution to the fund of $1.63 and would lower the special early retirement age from 58 to 55 with 60,000 hours.
- Alternate 2: If selected this schedule would require an additional hourly contribution to the fund of $3.25 and will have the special early retirement age of 55 at 60,000 hours and a more generous base accrual rate.
- Survey: This link is just to start collecting data so we can gather as much information as possible. Any decision on which schedule we will select will be done by a vote of the membership.
CLICK HERE TO TAKE THE SURVEY
Southern Nevada Regional Director
Business Representative Glaziers Local 2001
Mobile: (702) 688-0653