Brothers and Sisters, The Sacramento Sierra Building and Construction Trades Council has been working hard to try to get a Community Workforce Training Agreement with the City of Elk Grove. We have confirmed that the CWTA will be on the City Council’s Agenda on October 12, 2022. The meeting will begin at 6pm at 8400 […]September 26, 2022
The Pro ACT. What is it?
The Protecting the Right to Organize (PRO) Act restores fairness to the economy by strengthen the federal laws that protect worker’s right to join a union. Here are some of the things it provides workers;
- It introduces meaningful, enforceable penalties for companies and executives that violate workers’ rights.
- Expands workers collective bargaining rights and closing loopholes that corporations use to exploit workers.
- Strengthens worker’s access to fair union elections and requiring corporations to respect the results.
- Streamlines access to justice for workers who suffer relations for exercising their rights.
- Authorizes a private right of action for violations of workers’ rights.
- Gives workers the power to override so called “right to work” laws that prevent unions from collecting dues from the workers they represent.
- Enhances workers right to support boycotts, strikes and other acts of solidarity.
- Close loopholes in the labor law that erode workers’ rights.
- Prevents employers form interfering in union elections.
- Facilitates initial collective bargaining agreements.
- Increases transparency in labor-management relations.
President Joe Biden has vowed to be the most pro-union President ever, lets make him prove it by passing the Pro ACT. If you have any questions or comments you can always reach me at (916)407-8279