Brothers and Sisters, The Sacramento Sierra Building and Construction Trades Council has been working hard to try to get a Community Workforce Training Agreement with the City of Elk Grove. We have confirmed that the CWTA will be on the City Council’s Agenda on October 12, 2022. The meeting will begin at 6pm at 8400 […]September 26, 2022
STAR Awards Eligibility Rules (as of 6/2021) are as follows:
- You must have completed 8 hours of Mark Breslin “Survival of the Fittest” training or ICRA/COVID-19 Awareness (in this year or a prior year – one time only)
- You must have completed at least 16 hours of STAR sponsored training (Survival of the Fittest or ICRA/COVID-19 Awareness counts against this total) during the current training year. If you completed Survival of the Fittest or ICRA/COVID-19 Awareness in a prior year, you must complete 16 hours of training from other available classes.
- If you cannot attend a scheduled STAR class, you must contact the STAR Program 2 weeks in advance to cancel your registration and avoid penalty.*
- You must have worked a minimum of 500 hours for a STAR Program contributing employer during the training year.
- You must be a member in good standing in the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades at the time of the awards event.
- You must be present to win
* NOTE: Missing ANY STAR class during the school year disqualifies you from participating in the Early Bird Raffle