The AFL-CIO is conducting a member survey to get feedback on what’s important to our membership. Please follow the link below to complete the survey and make sure that your voice is heard. 2022 Union Member Issue Survey (aflcio.org) Keith Markland Business Representative Painters Local 159District Council 161701 Whitney Mesa Dr., #105Henderson, NV 89014August 17, 2022
On 6/23/22 the Drywall Finishers of DC16 overwhelmingly voted yes on the latest contract offer that will keep them working for the next 4 years with significant increases in wages (Largest Drywall contract offer in DC16 history).
- 4-year contract for $17.05 total. 19.99% increase to the Total Package over the life of the agreement, averaging 4.99% a year.
- Increases to be allocated as per the attached schedule of rates.
- Added DDO for a total of 5 per year.
- Removal of white pants requirement.
- Shift work differential increase from 15% to 20% per hour above Straight Time Rate.
- Added language for non-discrimination and labor law compliance.
- Point of dispatch to include member’s Local Union.
- Added definition of Journeyman Drywall Finisher.
- Apprenticeship ration change from 3:1 to 2:1.
Congratulations to all Drywall Finishers!