Dear Members of Local 83, I would like to remind everyone about the Painters contract ending this June, and It’s coming up quickly! I will be visiting jobsites to get input from you to see what you would like in the new contract. But the best way to make sure your ideas are heard is […]February 02, 2023
You must complete the following on or before 12/31/2021 to qualify. Visit dc16stars.org to schedule your classes.
STAR Awards Eligibility Rules (as of 6/2021) are as follows:
- You must have completed 8 hours of Mark Breslin “Survival of the Fittest” training or ICRA/COVID-19 Awareness (in this year or a prior year – one time only)
- You must have completed at least 16 hours of STAR sponsored training (Survival of the Fittest or ICRA/COVID-19 Awareness counts against this total) during the current training year. If you completed Survival of the Fittest or ICRA/COVID-19 Awareness in a prior year, you must complete 16 hours of training from other available classes.
- If you cannot attend a scheduled STAR class, you must contact the STAR Program 2 weeks in advance to cancel your registration and avoid penalty. *
- You must have worked a minimum of 500 hours for a STAR Program contributing employer during the training year.
- You must be a member in good standing in the International Union of Painters and Allied Trades at the time of the awards event.
- You must be present to win
* NOTE: Missing ANY STAR class during the school year disqualifies you from participating in the Early Bird Raffle