Agreement Ratified!

Posted June 29, 2022

Brothers and Sisters,

The Northern California Drywall Finishers Master Agreement and Sacramento Area Addendum has been ratified by the membership. I want to thank all of the members who took the time to come out and vote. We have been getting phone calls from members about the holidays and DDO’s for Drywall Finishers. The next Holiday is July 4th  2022 and the next DDO will be on July 5, 2022. The calendar will be posted on the District Council 16 website soon. The first increase for the agreement takes effect on July 1, 2022. We are working on getting wage schedules approved and sent to the employers as soon as possible.

July 1, 2022 – $3.00 to be allocated as follows:

$2.33 to Wages

 $0.35 to Health & Welfare if needed. All shall be paid to the Annuity until 12/31/22, after, reallocated to H&W.

$0.25 to Annuity

$0.07 to Administrative Dues Check-Off

July 1, 2023 – $4.35 to be allocated as follows:

$3.15 to Wages

$0.35 to Health & Welfare if needed. All shall be paid to the Annuity until 12/31/23, after, reallocated to H&W.

$0.75 to Annuity

$0.10 to Administrative Dues Check-Off

July 1, 2024 – $4.70 to be allocated as follows:

$3.25 to Wages

$0.35 to Health & Welfare if needed. All shall be paid to the Annuity until 12/31/24, after, reallocated to H&W.

$1.00 to Annuity $0.10 to Administrative Dues Check-Off

July 1, 2025 – $5.00 to be allocated as follows: $3.54 to Wages $0.35 to Health & Welfare if needed. All shall be paid to the Annuity until 12/31/25, after, reallocated to H&W. $1.00 to Annuity $0.11 to Administrative Dues Check-Off

This is a 4-year contract for $17.05 total increase. 19.99% increase to the Total Package over the life of the agreement, averaging 4.99% a year. Some of the changes that were made in the new contract are an added DDO for a total of 5 per year. The removal of white pants requirement. Shift work differential increase from 15% to 20% per hour above Straight Time Rate. Added language for non-discrimination and labor law compliance. Point of dispatch to include member’s Local Union. Added definition of Journeyman Drywall Finisher. Apprenticeship ration change from 3:1 to 2:1. Congratulations to all of the Drywall Finishers on your new contract. If anyone has questions please contact the office at (916)393-2742.

MOST RECENT

AFL-CIO Member Survey

The AFL-CIO is conducting a member survey to get feedback on what’s important to our membership. Please follow the link below to complete the survey and make sure that your voice is heard. 2022 Union Member Issue Survey (aflcio.org) Keith Markland Business Representative Painters Local 159District Council 161701 Whitney Mesa Dr., #105Henderson, NV 89014

August 17, 2022

Walter Cantrell Scholarship!

District Council 16 is proud to invest in the future of our Families! District Council 16 is accepting applications for the Walter Cantrell Scholarship to the dependents of any District Council 16 member in good standing, to receive a $2,000 Walter Cantrell Scholarship. You must apply and submit an application, please read the rules and […]

August 17, 2022
en_USEnglish