We are excited to announce that Starting in January 2021 your Over-The-Counter Dues can be paid on our Redesigned website at www.dc16iupat.org on the “Pay Your Dues” Tab! This process will allow our members the flexibility and ease to pay your Over-The-Counter Dues in real time, while staying up-to-date with all the News & Events […]February 18, 2021
DISTRICT COUNCIL 16
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
District Council 16, of the International Union of Painters & Allied Trades, AFL-CIO, is a proud trade Union established in 1934 in Northern California. We currently represent 13,000 Finishing Trades Professionals in Northern California & Nevada and we are offering an excellent opportunity to support labor as a part of our great Union.
Excellent opportunity in our Centralized Dues & Member Services Department
Location: 2705 Constitution Drive, Livermore, CA 94551
Summary of Job Duties:
- Administrative duties, including but not limited to, bookkeeping, clerical tasks, strong member support, analytical tasks using computers
- Processing Union Dues from multiple platforms and means
- Collate and distribute mail and mass mailings
- Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports and other correspondence to multiple Local Unions and Affiliates
- Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical
- Perform bookkeeping, manage membership accounts
- Must be punctual, able to problem solve in high production times, with the ability to adapt in an ever changing environment
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative experience
- Proficient in use of technology and computer software: Word, Outlook, Excel, QuickBooks, Point of Sale Systems and WordPress
- Customer service oriented
- Great attention to detail
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Analytical, problem solver, positive attitude
Compensation and Schedule:
- Position is covered under a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
- Full-time position Monday thru Friday from 8am to 5pm
- Healthcare and Retirement plans are included under the CBA.
- Starting Pay and benefit package is progressive in addition to annual increases.
- Benefit package includes paid Holidays, Designated Day’s Off and Sick Leave
- Position is a bargained classification, which requires Union membership
To Apply: E-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is close of business Friday, March 12, 2021.
District Council 16, of the International Union of Painters & Allied Trades is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.