Would you like to be eligible for the 2022-2023 STAR Awards? Effective Immediately SCT1 is the only qualifying class that counts for participation in this annual STAR Event. This one-time class MUST be taken to attend this event and Receive your Awards Recognition going forward. Therefore, all members are highly recommended to take the upcoming […]September 23, 2022
- BYLAWS VOTE INFO
- SECOND ATTEMPT TO RATIFY BYLAWS
Your participation is imperative to maintain the charter of Local Union 2001. It is possible if this ratification is not successful, Local Union 2001 could be Merged or placed into Trusteeship with another Local Union of District Council 16. The proposed Bylaws as approved by the Executive Board and the Bylaws Committee are posted for your review in the link below. Changes made by the Bylaws Committee are highlighted in yellow.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions, comments, or concerns.
June 8, 2021 from 12:00pm to 5:30pm
1701 Whitney Mesa Drive, Henderson, Nevada 89014
Please make every effort to participate in the outcome of our Local Union Bylaws
- Political Updates
- Follow these bills and more at NELIS Home (state.nv.us)
- AB99 – This bill was attempting to increase the prevailing wage threshold from $100,000 to $250,000. This would have had a sever impact on our membership hours on prevailing wage work. Our friends in the legislature opposed this bill and it did not meet the deadline for passage. This bill is dead.
- AB227 – Sections 1 and 2 of this bill set forth: (1) the persons who may perform work that requires a contractor’s license; and (2) the persons who may perform for a contractor work that does not require a contractor’s license. Existing law sets forth certain acts which constitute cause for disciplinary action against a licensed contractor by the State Contractors’ Board. (NRS 624.3015) Section 3 of this bill: (1) revises the list of acts to include entering into an agreement with a natural person who is not an employee of the licensed contractor and not licensed as a contractor to perform for the licensed contractor any work which requires a contractor’s license; and (2) provides that in addition to any disciplinary or other action that may be taken against the licensed contractor, such an agreement is void and unenforceable.
- SB247 – AN ACT relating to apprenticeships; revising the mandatory criteria for approval and registration under certain circumstances; revising requirements for the approval and registration of a proposed program; and providing other matters properly relating thereto.